Thanks Vicki – I loved playing TAG as a kid and now I have a new way to play it! And I love giving and getting awards, so you have given me a gift of all three. :-) What am I talking about?
Vicki tagged me with this award. Well, it isn’t an award. But, it’s almost like one. It’s a diversion! As Vicki said when she convinced me to do a lot of work to receive the award, it is a great way to build readership and in the process discover some other really great blogs. Vicki does have a great blog – she is witty, has wonderful stories to tell, and can make you laugh with every post. So getting this award, I mean diversion, no…award it is…I think it means she is calling my blog great too! (the rules are at the end of the post for your reference)
The questions from Vicki at Jumping in Mud Muddles and my answers:
1. What one movie could you watch every day?
Stepmom with Julia Roberts, Susan Sarandon, and Ed Harris. A tear jerker, funny, and thought-provoking. I would not be as gracious as Susan’s character, but maybe wish I could be.
2. If you had to change your first name, what name would you fancy?
Zoe or Chloe – love them both and tried to use one of these for my daughter, husband said absolutely not, so I tried to use one for the middle name of my daughter and my mom said she didn’t think they were right…what’s with these people? I love both these names and enjoy meeting anyone who has them!
3. You just got kicked out of your country. You aren’t allowed back. What country would move to? Why?
Easy – I would move to Hong Kong. I travelled there on business 6 times in 18 months and (aside from the terrible jet leg) loved everything about it. Big city feel, small amount of land to get around, beautiful parks (did you know 75% of Hong Kong is covered in green grass, trees, and parks?), and I felt like I was meant to be there.
4. You are only allowed to eat one vegetable for the rest of your life. Discuss.
Hard one. I guess I’d pick broccoli. I never liked anything green for the first 30 years of my life and then my husband convinced me I wasn’t giving green vegetables a chance because I’d always eaten them overcooked instead of steamed. I still avoid peas (even the smell makes me gag), and other veggies but broccoli are a staple that I can now enjoy and I think are good for me.
5. You get to bring home a celebrity. Do with them what you want. Who would you bring home?
current thought – Hugh Dillon from Flashpoint – I’m married so I’ll say I’d bring him home and look at him :-)
6. Name three adjectives that describe you best.
I asked my husband and he said “cute, cuddly and warm” and then gave an evil laugh. You decide what that means. I’d probably say loyal (I stick by people, sometimes when they don’t deserve it), decisive (about everything – it’s a blessing and a curse), and passionate (about family of course, about work, about getting things done, about anything I take on, and about people making conscious decisions in life and not just letting it pass them by).
7. You have to pick one…cat or dog? Why?
Neither – I am not an animal person…don’t hate me for it. I can appreciate them in small doses and appreciate how much other people love their animals though.
8. You have just been chosen to be in the Olympics. And you get to pick any sport you want. What sporting event will you be participating in? For what country?
If I didn’t have to actually think about how I would get good at it, or how scary it would be, the luge. It looks so cool, they seem to have so much fun, and you can feel the speed when you watch them.
9. Pick an idiom that you would like my fourth graders to draw this Friday for Idiom Friday.
Till the cows come home. (stick figure cows are okay if they don’t like to draw too much)
10. My favorite cartoon character was Foghorn Leghorn? And yours?
Speed Racer with Racer X. I know it’s odd, but I loved the show and the song – “go speed racer, go speed racer, go speed racer, go!” From Japanese manga and anime, long before I knew what that even meant.
11. A two-part question: What is your favorite smell? Your favorite sound?
Smell – vanilla or most floral scents in nature, I can stop in my tracks when I catch a scent while walking or even driving. Sound – BIG laughter in everyday life, the kind where you can actually feel the person’s pleasure even if you don’t know why they laughed so hard. And if I am the one who made them laugh, double the pleasure.
*You must post the rules. (done)
*Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you tagged. (done and done below)
*Tag eleven people and link them to your post. (done)
*Let them know you tagged them. (I put a link in this post…and didn’t put the note on their blog to save them some obligation if they are not up to the task this week
11 great blogs to check out:
Here are your eleven questions (stealing one from Vicki):
- Name three adjectives that describe you best
- what one thing do you have to do every week that you hate?
- what do you look forward to on Mondays?
- describe one fun thing you remember doing in grade school
- how many cities have you lived in?
- think back, did you enjoy being 17? if yes, why?
- do you like being the age you are now? if not, why not?
- why do you like to blog?
- favourite season?
- when was the last time you had a milkshake? was it good?
- have you ever used a fake name? why or why not?