10 great things today…
- breakfast conversation at home that was lighthearted and fun
- random call with a friend on the way to work, reconnected after too many weeks
- had the opportunity to showcase all the progress my team has made this past year to senior executives
- able to negotiate a solution with two people who had opposing views in a way that ended with both of them thanking me
- tomato from my backyard garden tastes so sweet
- finger is healing after surgery, but I do have to wear a splint at night to try to remove the bend
- not allowed to do finger push-ups for 4 months
- Big One told me she loves to work (not just loves her job)
- Little One shared his knowledge of “meme”s (see below)
- Got a note from a good friend saying “thought of you when I read this post” – and when I read it, I smiled - http://lifehacker.com/5934707/the-disciplined-pursuit-of-less - about having the courage to say no to good things to have space in your life for great things (my summary, and something we discuss often – thanks!)
Definition of meme from wikipedia, but really you want to see an example so here is one with Willy Wonka. I won’t use Bad Luck Brian (too crass) or MacKayla (not sure how I feel about that one even though I do find it funny).
I was truly blessed today.