It is Thanksgiving in the U.S. today and I am very thankful for many things in my life.
- family I love, including a patient husband and those two kids who make me happy to be a mom when I never dreamed I’d be one
- family who loves me (#1 and #2 don’t always go together), including a mom and dad who both still think I can do anything
- a few great, long time, intimate friends who really know me and still choose me as their friend
- choices in life, including a tough job I love where I believe every day I make a difference in people’s lives
- freedom to take time off work and enjoy Thanksgiving, even when it is not a holiday in Canada where I live and work
- fabulous memories that make me laugh
- terrific dreams of things to come
- health and physical capability to do most things I want
- so many different foods, the love of trying it, and the fortune to live somewhere with food of every culture
- martial arts and what it has taught me about myself
There are so many things that could get me down every day if I let them, but I am truly thankful for my life. I wish you peace and time to reflect on the things you are thankful for today.