We are cleaning the basement. It stinks. Not the basement, the process.
There are many reasons it stinks:
- It takes a lot of time.
- It takes a lot of decisions.
- It takes a lot of cooperation.
- For every “ohhhhh, look what I found”, you have 10 “holy crap, why did we keep this” moments.
- There are a lot of things you need to keep and you have to find them a spot that makes sense if you are cleaning.
- The basement is … in the basement. Not a place I like to spend time living, just a place I like to send the kids to put things or retrieve things.
- There’s a lot of dust.
- Everyone thinks the other person has the most stuff stored in the basement. This leads to non-productive, vocally heightened conversations. (I know you get the point.)
Please send me your good thoughts for the basement cleaning to be painless. Okay, it’s already painful, but maybe send thoughts that nobody gets killed in the process.
These are not pictures of my basement. I wish they were. My before picture looks much worse than this, and is one shade removed from the hoarders show people. 🙂
So far, I have a finished full bathroom and a Christmas room (for holiday storage) in the basement. It’s worth the effort, but still very painful.
Hey stinky basement. Watch out, here I come.