Thursday … Day with technologists – yay!
Interesting day with governance meetings with vendors, team celebration day of our strategy pillar ‘live continuous improvement’ with cake, my favorite demand meeting where we get to deal with all the new work and have some fun.
and yet, what stuck with me today was how many conversations I was in where we talked about focus.
- Focus on your priorities and stop trying to do everything at once
- Focus on your own job and let others do theirs
- Focus on the work and not on the meetings
- Focus on the outcomes and not on the status reports
- Focus on the decision you need from the discussion and not on the powerpoint
And each time the person appreciated the reminder.
Tomorrow, I bet we reap the rewards.