10 great things today will take a new twist this week. We were blasted by an ice storm that knocked out power for 250,000 homes. Personally we had no electricity, no cell coverage or home phone, no refrigerator, no heat, no timeline for when it would be back.
We have everything back to normal 48 hours later.
In the midst of this, we had:
– 18 teen-agers in the house who had a great time spending time together and talking
– a neighbor take us in for a few hours of warmth and laughter
– family time as we blocked off all rooms but two and stuck together with a fire to keep us warm
– the opportunity to help a neighbor with a new baby just by listening
– some fun looking for a hot breakfast (and mostly coffee), standing in line for an hour, and meeting people we never would have met otherwise
– the chance to find internet coverage in the next town so we could send out a note to family far away and let them know we are safe
So instead of 10 great things today, I’ll give you three that came to mind:
And really, everything after that is a bonus.
May you be blessed with these three things this holiday season.