dinner by the lake
10 great things that happened today, here we go…
- spent time with Little One talking about “life”
- visited Communitech, an Innovation Hub, and felt inspired
- shared stories and thoughts about women in technology – learned a bit and taught a bit
- nice lunch on a patio with Little One
- sat in a new Tesla, didn’t test drive, but still…quite a cool car
- brown belt test card, September 20 it is :-)
- dinner outside by the lake
- a beautiful view
- virtual reality experience with 3D glasses, felt like I was falling off a bridge!
- photography day and so many things to enjoy
How did I get here?
As the day ends, I pull out the HeelTastic to pamper my sore feet. I set some new daily goals this week-end. (*) These goals include two things that felt in conflict when I started my day – reading and reaching my step goal of 7000 steps a day. I decided to try walking and reading at the same time instead of picking one and wondering how to achieve the other.
I recently took a speed reading course and one of the tips from the course was to sit comfortably and remove distractions. This walking and reading approach seemed to go against the tip so I planned to time my reading and see how it was impacted.
Well, let me tell you … I was able to achieve reading one page per minute while walking. A bit slower than reading when not walking, but not as negative an impact as I expected. And if I can enjoy reading, get in my step goal, and enjoy some sunshine as a bonus, I’d say that’s a pretty good week-end plan!
The only downside was walking in bare feet resulted in dry skin on my heels.
How did I get here? Indeed.
(*) I’m not certain, but my new acquaintance Scott Adams (of Dilbert fame) might characterize these as a system, and not as goals. :-)